How do I register a new student at I.E. Weldon?
Once the form is completed, please email [email protected] with your registration number, and the name of the school to which you are applying. A representative from the school will call you to go over the form with you and to make plans for your child’s attendance.
Current TLDSB students please go to the “Online Course Selection Process” tab.
What courses can I take at I.E. Weldon?
- Click the department links on the left for detailed course descriptions.
- NOTE: Courses offered depend on each year’s enrollment.
Who can I contact for help? Students click here: https://forms.gle/UYJShakSd3c3ZtSr9
- Students whose last names begin with A – L and Peer Tutors:
Mme K. Duke (Department Head), [email protected], 705-324-3585 ext. 36021
Ms. C. Duvall, [email protected], 705-324-3585 ext. 36021
- Students whose last names begin with M – Z or SHSM Inquiries:
AM = Mr. C. Kennedy, [email protected], 705-324-3585 ext. 36023
PM = Mrs. L. Edmonstone, [email protected], 705-324-3585 ext. 36023
- IB and Power Pack students:
Mrs. E. Matthew (IB Coordinator), [email protected], 705-324-3585 ext. 36026
- Special Education questions, Learning Strategies, Locally Developed / Workplace courses, Practical Academics and Life Skills:
Ms. A. Jones (Department Head of Special Education), [email protected] 705-324-3585 ext. 36032
- Registration, Bussing, and Transcripts:
Ms. J. Keenan-Vanderzwet(Guidance Secretary), [email protected], 705-324-3585 ext. 36020
I’m graduating soon! What should I do?
What help can I get from my Guidance Counsellors?
- Transition from elementary school to secondary school
- Pathway planning
- Specialized programs at Weldon
- Course selection in each grade
- Success counselling
- Planning for post-secondary goals and destinations
- Information sessions with college and university representatives
- Exploring OYAP and other apprenticeship opportunities
- Preparing for the workforce
- Scholarship and bursary opportunities
- Employment, leadership and volunteer opportunities
- Support with personal issues affecting education
- Referrals to outside agencies for support as needed